Total technology industry deals for February 2020 worth $28.21bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 35.4% over the previous month and a drop of 40.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $47.75bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 12.6% over the last 12-month average with 1287 deals against the average of 1472 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $18.81bn.
Technology industry deals in February 2020: Top deals
The top five technology deals accounted for 31.2% of the overall value during February 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $8.81bn, against the overall value of $28.21bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of February 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) AlpInvest Partners, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and STG Partners’ $2.08bn private equity deal with RSA Security
2) The $1.9bn private equity deal with ForeScout Technologies by Advent International
3) Bain Capital’s $1.8bn private equity deal with Engineering Ingegneria Informatica
4) The $1.64bn acquisition of RIB Software by Schneider Electric
5) Blackstone Tactical Opportunities Advisors’ private equity deal with Phoenix Tower International for $1.4bn.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
Visit our ‘Technology Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the technology industry.