Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $546.74m were announced in the UK in January 2021, led by $180m venture financing of Roofoods, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 51.2% over the previous month of $1.12bn and a drop of 4.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $573.13m.
The UK held a 3.81% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $14.35bn in January 2021.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, the UK recorded 54 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 29.87% over the previous month and a drop of 25.00% over the 12-month average.
UK technology industry venture financing deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 77.5% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $423.58m, against the overall value of $546.74m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Amazon.com’s $180m venture financing of Roofoods
2) The $95m venture financing of Curve OS by Fuel Venture Capital, IDC Ventures, Novum Capital Beratungsgesellschaft, OneMain Financial Holdings and Vulcan Capital Management
3) Discovery, Legatum Capital and Paul Marshall’s $81.58m venture financing of GB News
4) The $47m venture financing of Oxbotica by BP Ventures, Business Growth Fund, Doxa Partners, Halma, HostPlus, IP Group, Palo Alto Venture Partners and Tencent Holdings
5) Amadeus Capital Partners, Cambridge Innovation Capital, Draper Esprit and University of Cambridge’s venture financing of River Lane Research for $20m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed big data deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.