Total technology industry venture financing deals in Q4 2019 worth $11.36bn were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 125.5% over the previous quarter and a rise of 70.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $6.66bn.
China held a 33% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $34.43bn in Q4 2019.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 566 deals during Q4 2019, marking a rise of 33.2% over the previous quarter and a rise of 46.3% over the last four-quarter average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
China technology industry venture financing deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 65.3% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $7.41bn, against the overall value of $11.36bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Nanshan Development (Group), Haitong Hengxin Leasing, Huaneng Invesco WLR Investment ConsultingLtd., Morgan Stanley Venture Partners, Rosser Capital Partners Management and Urban Development Investment’s $3.7bn venture financing of Tenglong Holding
2) The $3bn venture financing of Beijing Kuaishou Technology by Boyu Capital, Sequoia Capital China, Temasek Holdings (Private), Tencent Holdings and YF Capital
3) Bull Capital Partners, Chengwei Capital, CICC Capital ManagementLimited, DST Global, Source Code Capital, Tiger Global Management and Yunqi Capital’s $300m venture financing of Guangzhou Zhijing Information Technology
4) The $211.71m venture financing of Taimei Technology by Cowin Venture Capital, Ivy Capital, Morningside Venture Capital, SAIF Partners, Softbank China Venture Capital, Tencent Holdings, Tiger Global Management and Zheshang Venture Capital Management
5) Beishang Capital, CDH Investments, Gaorong Captial and Mingde Holdings’ venture financing of Kindler’s Information Technology for $200m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.