Total technology industry venture financing deals in December 2020 worth $1.09bn were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 65.5% over the previous month and a rise of 119.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $497.42m.
The UK held a 6.01% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $18.16bn in December 2020.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 73 deals during December 2020, marking a decrease of 8.8% over the previous month and a rise of 7.4% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The UK technology industry venture financing deals in December 2020: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 39.9% of the overall value during December 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $435.75m, against the overall value of $1.09bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of December 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Baillie Gifford, Draper Esprit, Fidelity International, Ontario Teachersâ Pension Plan and Schroder British Opportunities Trust’s $222m venture financing of Graphcore
2) The $70m venture financing of Hi Bob by Arbor Ventures, Battery Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Cerca Partners, Eight Roads Ventures, Entree Capital, Israel Growth Partners, Perpetual Investors, Presidio Ventures and SEEK
3) Gresham House British Strategic Investment Infrastructure Fund’s $66.75m venture financing of Wildanet
4) The $44m venture financing of Cleo AI by Alex Chesterman, Balderton Capital (UK), EQT Ventures, Errol Damelin, Ian Hogarth, LocalGlobe, Matt Robinson, Niklas Zennstrom, SBIC Partners and Taavet Hinrikus
5) Cipio Partners, Notion Capital, Sage Technology Group and Verdane Capital’s venture financing of Brightpearl for $33m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.