Total Technology industry cross border deals worth $32.3bn were announced globally for May 2022, with the $11bn private equity deal with Switch being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 27.3% over the previous month of $25.4bn and a drop of 12.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $36.91bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 19.56% with 658 deals in May 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 818 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $14.61bn in May 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Technology industry cross border deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 63.3% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $20.48bn, against the overall value of $32.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five Technology industry cross border deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) DigitalBridge Group and IFM Investors $11bn private equity deal with Switch
2) The $4.4bn acquisition of 9.8% stake in Vodafone Group by Emirates Telecommunications Group Co
3) MaxLinear $3.8bn acquisition of Silicon Motion Technology
4) The $665m private equity of TPG Telecom by OMERS Infrastructure Management
5) Macquarie Asia Pacific Infrastructure Fund 3 and PSP INVESTMENTS $610m private equity deal with Bersama Digital Infrastructure Asia