Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $310.6m were announced in Germany in April 2021, led by $68m venture financing of Lingoda, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 34.2% over the previous month of $472.29m and a rise of 1.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $305.03m.
Germany held a 1.43% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $21.68bn in April 2021.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Germany recorded 24 deals during April 2021, marking a decrease of 45.45% over the previous month and a drop of 29.41% over the 12-month average.
Germany technology industry venture financing deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 69.2% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $214.83m, against the overall value of $310.6m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Conny Boersch and Summit Partners $68m venture financing deal with Lingoda
2) The $66m venture financing of BRYTER by Accel,Amit Agarwal,Cavalry Ventures Management,Dawn Capital,James Fitzgerald,Lars Bjork,Notion Capital,Tiger Global Management and Ulf Zetterberg
3) btov Partners and Digitalplus $38.29m venture financing deal with Seven Senders
4) The $22m venture financing of Finoa by Balderton Capital,coparionKG,Signature Ventures and Venture Stars
5) UVC Partners $20.53m venture financing deal with Wire Group Holdings
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cloud-deals deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.