Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $254.2m were announced in South and Central America in May 2022, led by $111m venture financing of Xepelin, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 25% over the previous month of $338.68m and a drop of 62.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $684.14m.
South and Central America held a 1.54% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $16.47bn in May 2022. With a 0.72% share and deals worth $117.9m, Chile was the top country in South and Central America’s venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, South and Central America recorded 31 deals during May 2022, marking a decrease of 3.13% over the previous month and a drop of 6.06% over the 12-month average. Brazil recorded 19 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
South and Central America technology industry venture financing deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 72.1% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $183.25m, against the overall value of $254.2m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Amarena,Avenir Growth Capital,Battery Ventures,Carlos Garcia Ottati,Cathay Innovation ,DST Global,Endeavor Catalyst,FJ Labs,Gilgamesh Ventures,Gunderson,Kaszek Ventures,MSA Novo,PayPal Ventures,Picus Capital,Seaya Ventures and Wellington ManagementLLP $111m venture financing deal with Xepelin
2) The $31.6m venture financing of Nomad Tecnologia by Elastic Projects,Globo Ventures,Monashees,Propel Accelerator,Spark Capital and Stripes Group
3) Citrino Gestao,Claudia Massei,DGF Investimentos,Gilberto Mautner,Next47,TOTVS and Y Combinator $15m venture financing deal with Tractian Tecnologia
4) The $15m venture financing of Marvin.com.vc by Canaan Partners,Canary Capital,Carlos Selonke,Doug Scherrer,Israel Salmen,Juan Pablo Ortega,Lucas Amoroso and Maua Capital
5) Astella Investimentos,HiPartners Capital & Work,Marcelo Lombardo and Scale-Up Ventures $10.65m venture financing deal with Bornlogic